When you take the time to make fresh, homemade butter or whipped cream, you will enjoy a greater flavor and more health benefits than if you simply purchased a store brand. Plus, you will have the satisfaction of mastering these two easy recipes!
Directions for Homemade Whipped Cream:
- Pour raw cream (decide how much you would like to have) into your mixer, blender, or food processor.
- Add a few tablespoons of raw honey or cane sugar.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla.
- Blend on a high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until the cream has developed stiff peaks.
Directions for Homemade Butter
*If you want flavored butter, you can add sea salt or minced garlic to your recipe. Add these ingredients during the first step of the process.
- Pour raw cream (decide how much you would like to have) into your mixer or blender.
- Blend on a high speed for 5-10 minutes. During the first few minutes, the cream will look like whipped cream, then it will resemble the texture of feta cheese, and finally, you will see it turn a bit watery.
- Turn off the mixer and remove the butter into a dish.
- Place the butter in your hands and squeeze it to remove more liquid.
- Store your butter in a jar and refrigerate it for up to six months.
These simple recipes are extremely satisfying and will leave you with two great tasting dairy products!